~ The Bible makes big claims for itself. But do those claims stand up?
Aren’t the stories just legends? Hasn’t the information been corrupted over time? Isn’t the Bible full of mistakes? And isn’t it culturally outdated?
In this absorbing little book, Barry Cooper explores these questions - and many others - with warmth, wit and integrity.
Part of the Questions Christians Ask series: a range of short, simple books designed to help Christians understand what God has said about these questions and many more in the Bible.
1. Does the Bible claim to be God’s word?
The world, the word, and what Jesus thought of the Bible
2. Does the Bible claim to be God’s word?
The word, the Word, and the rightness of writing
3. Does the Bible seem to be God’s word?
Consistency, conspiracies and corruptions
4. Does the Bible seem to be God’s word?
Canon, contradictions and criticisms
5. Does the Bible prove to be God’s word?
Tasting, seeing, and the sweetness of Scripture