~ FEELING TRAPPED OR BORED AFTER MONTHS OF LOCKDOWN?
Remember Ruth Taylor who taught at TREVERTON, RUSTENBURG and PINEHURST?
You pleaded with her to share her life's adventures in a book. Now happily married, with 6 step children & 18 grandchildren, she still travels & lives life to the full.
– Read about her early life in Sea Point, Simonstown and Rondebosch where her late father Noel Taylor became founder headmaster of Westerford, one of South Africa's top performing schools.
– Share the miracle of baby Sammy, a diminutive Xhosa baby dying of malnutrition who survived because he was hidden by the Taylor family during the cruel Apartheid era.
– Meet Ruth's eccentric fellow passengers as she leaves home at 19, and travels by train to Mooi River to become a founder teacher at Treverton in 1964. Re-kindle fond memories of dearly loved headmaster Dr Derek Hudson Reed and his pioneering staff.
– Travel to the Holy Land where Ruth floats in the Dead Sea and flees amorous bogus guides.
– Share joyous, nostalgic & heart stopping moments ...
An encounter with Neil Armstrong and his crew after their 1969 moon landing. A black bear smacks its lips outside her tent. A deadly mamba slithers from under her bed. Supper at Buckingham palace, works in a London supermarket and is asked to be stripper in a biscuit factory, acts as an impromptu bridesmaid, flees a tsunami threat, acts as a Kenyan undertaker, falls in love with Thailand and is overjoyed to become an Auntie!